Chubb is asking for Scout Groups to get creative and design a Christmas card to be in with a chance of winning some money to put towards a Group outdoor activity. The winning design will also be published as Chubb Fire’s 2006 Christmas card, which will go its UK customers.
The competition is open to all Scout Groups across Scotland, and to enter Groups must design a Christmas card using ‘Festive fun on the theme of fire safety’.
The card should include both text and graphics, and be conceived by the Scout Group as a whole (not individuals). Visit the sponsorship section of www.scouts-scotlands.org.uk or www.chubb.co.uk/scouts for some help, advice and resources for the Chubb Fire Safety Badge.
The fantastic prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize £400
- 2nd prize £100
All prize money should be used for an outdoor activity or for equipment for an outdoor activity for the whole Scout group to enjoy.
All entries should be sent to:
The Scottish Council
The Scout Association
Remember to include the Scout Group name, the Leader’s name, full postal address and contact telephone numbers. The closing date for entries is Friday 22nd September and the winners will be announced by Friday 9th October 2006.
All the winning entries will be posted on the sponsorship pages of www.scouts-scotland.org.uk and an article about how the prize winnings were spent will appear in a future edition of Scottish Scout News.
Since the inceptions of the Chubb Fire Safety Badge it is proving to be one of the fastest growing and most popular, with a staggering 31,108 Scouts completing their Badge over the last two years.
To help more Scouts complete their Badge this year Chubb Fire will be continuing its regional tour. Last year Chubb held live fire demonstrations at events in Glasgow and Edinburgh, and this May Chubb will be visiting Aberdeen and over the course of the year will also visit Liverpool, North London, and Nottingham.
Competition Rules & Restrictions
- The Scout Group name, the Leader’s name, address and telephone number should be included with every entry.
- Entries will only be returned if they are accompanied by an S.A.E.
- Entry to the competition grants free reproduction rights to The Scout Association and Chubb Fire – the winners will be credited.
- The winners will be notified by Friday 9th October
- The winners will be required to promote the prize.
- Entry to the competition is open to Beaver Colonies, Cub Pack and Scout Troops in Scotland only.
- The prizes are not available to employees of Chubb Fire.
- Chubb Fire accepts no responsibility for any injury or loss caused by the chosen activity.
- Chubb Fire reserves the right to refuse entry into the competition, on any grounds.
- The judges’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Chubb Fire reserves the right to alter prizes to an equal or higher value.