UTC Climate, Controls & Security and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “CCS”), are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to this website (“Website”) and users of its mobile applications (“Apps”). It is important that our users understand how we collect, use and disclose PERSONAL INFORMATION (as defined below). Chubb Fire & Security Limited, Littleton Road, Ashford, Middlesex TW15 1TZ is part of CCS.
This Privacy Notice describes how CCS may collect and process:
- Firstly, Personal Information collected through this website and mobile applications, unless there is a separate privacy notice for a particular website or mobile application business (this is described below in sections 1 - 12).; and
- Secondly, Personal Information collected for our monitoring businesses (this is described below in section 13 'Monitoring Centre Customers').
1. What PERSONAL INFORMATION does CCS collect? How does it collect such Information?
“Personal Information” is information through which a natural person is identifiable or may be identified. CCS may collect, use and process your Personal Information in order to provide you with services, products or information that you request.
The collection of information will be transparent to you, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to provide it. If you choose not to provide any of the Personal Information requested, CCS may be unable to complete your transaction, or provide the information, services or products you have requested.
CCS may collect information, including Personal Information, from you when you submit a form or request, or register a product with CCS, such as: name, physical address, the company for whom you work, phone number, email address and fax number. CCS may also ask you to provide information about the product you are registering or the person/company that installed or maintains it.
We might need to collect other information for a specific form, feature, or other service that you may use or request. The content of such information will vary depending on the method of collection and the specific purpose(s) for which the information is being collected.
2. Why does CCS collect your Personal Information?
Our purpose in collecting this information is to provide customized services and content relevant to your specific needs and interests. Your information may be used by CCS to carry out our contractual obligations, authenticate you as a user and allow you access to certain areas of our Website, Apps or social media sites or allow you to apply for a position at CCS.
3. Personal Information collected on a Website or App may be used to:
- Provide requested information, items, or services;
- Advertise products, services, promotions and events relating to CCS;
- Improve our products, services, surveys, Websites and Apps;
- Analyze your behavior on our Website and Apps;
- Provide investor services;
- If you are applying for a job, evaluate your interest in and/or allow you to apply for employment with CCS;
- Obtain your location data in order to provide requested information or services;
- Protect against fraud or investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Screen against sanctions and antiterrorism lists as required by law;
- Respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- Develop new offerings, improve the quality of our products, improve and personalize user experience, and better prepare future content based upon your interests and those of our general user population; or
- Conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
Except where used in support of a contract with you or to fulfill a legal obligation, our use of your Personal Information will be only for legitimate business interests as set out above.
4. Where is Personal Information stored?
Because CCS, and its parent company, United Technologies Corporation (“UTC”), are global companies with locations in many different countries, we may transfer your information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another within the CCS and UTC group of companies in order to accomplish the purposes listed above. These countries include, at a minimum, the United States, the member states of the European Union, Canada, and other countries, including some in Asia. We will transfer your Personal Information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary for the purposes set out above. Within the UTC and CCS group of companies, information is transferred subject to the Binding Corporate Rules.
CCS relies on available legal mechanisms to enable the legal transfer of personal information across borders. To the extent that UTC relies on the standard contractual clauses (also called the model clauses) or Binding Corporate Rules to authorize transfer, CCS will comply with those requirements, including where there may be a conflict between those requirements and this Privacy Notice.
5. Does CCS use your Personal Information to contact you?
CCS may use the Personal Information you provide to contact you about products, services, promotions, special offers, surveys, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive such communications, please use the “unsubscribe” function within the Website or App, or let us know by sending an email to [email protected]. Also, CCS will ensure that any marketing communications sent by electronic means will provide a simple method for you to opt-out or unsubscribe. Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications, you may continue to receive communications about our account or transactions with us.
6. Does CCS share the information it collects?
CCS may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies, such as companies in UTC’s group of companies, and/or companies in which CCS has control, through either direct or indirect ownership for the purposes set out above.
CCS will not sell or otherwise transfer or share your Personal Information outside of the companies identified above, except to:
- Service providers, dealers, distributors, agents or contractors that CCS has retained to perform services on our behalf. CCS will only share your Personal Information with third parties whom CCS has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- Comply with legal obligations, such as in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities, courts or other government regulators or authorities, among other things;
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
Your personal information may also be maintained and processed by our service providers in the United States, the member states of the European Union, Canada, Asia, and in other jurisdictions.
7. How does CCS secure Personal Information?
CCS is committed to ensuring the security and integrity of Personal Information. CCS has adopted reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard your Personal Information. However, due to the nature of Internet communications, we cannot guarantee or warrant that your transmission to us is secure.
8. How can you correct, change or delete your information held by CCS?
You may request to access, update, correct, change, or delete your Personal Information at any time. CCS will use reasonable efforts to timely update and/or remove information. To protect the user’s privacy and security, CCS will take steps to verify the user’s identity before making any requested change. To access, change, or delete your Personal Information, to report problems with the Website, to ask questions or to raise concerns, send an email to [email protected]. Some of our Websites, Apps, and social media accounts allow you to make corrections directly at the site without need to further contact CCS.
Please note that while we will assist you in protecting your Personal Information, it is your responsibility to protect your passwords and other access credentials from others.
What should you understand about the third party links that may appear on this Website?
In some instances, CCS may provide links to non-CCS controlled websites, which CCS will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. CCS does not control such third party websites, however, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites. Furthermore, this Privacy Notice does not govern information collected about you by third parties.
In addition, CCS monitors user traffic patterns throughout its Websites according to a user's domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and pages viewed. Our Web servers collect the domain names but not the email addresses of visitors. This information is collected in order to measure the number of visitors to our Website and to determine which areas of the Website users find useful based upon the amount of traffic to particular areas. CCS uses this information to enhance users’ experience at the Website and to better prepare future content based on the interests of users.
This Website may also use web beacons. A web beacon is usually a pixel on a website that can be used to track whether a user has visited a particular website to deliver targeted advertising. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies, which means that, if you turn off your browser's cookies, the web beacons will not be able to track your activity. The web beacon will still count as a website visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.
Information collected by web beacons may include IP address information (see below). Web beacon information is also used for:
- Advertising and email auditing, and reporting;
- Site traffic reporting; and
- Unique visitor counts.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet.
CCS may collect and keep track of IP addresses to, among other things:
- Maintain Website safety and security;
- Restrict access to our Websites to certain users;
- Troubleshoot technical issues; and
- Better understand how CCS Websites are used.
CCS (or third parties on behalf of CCS) may collect information in the form of log files that are recording Website activities and statistics about web users' habits.
Log files are used for internal purposes only. By using log files, CCS can constantly improve and customize their Websites and applications.
The entries help us gather, among other things:
- Internal marketing and demographic studies;
- A user’s browser type and operating system;
- Information about a user’s session (such as the URL, the date and time our Website was visited and which pages and for how long were viewed on our Website); and
- Other similar navigational or click-stream data.
Social Network Information
Social network information is any information that you permit a third party social network to share with third party application developers such as CCS. Social network information includes any information that is part of your profile on a third party social network. Such social network may include, but is not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, google+.
To find out how your information from a social network may be obtained by us (or other third party application developers), please go on the settings page of the relevant social network. Furthermore, you acknowledge that we may use your Personal Information to match information with a social network for advertising purposes.
CCS cannot make assurances about the security of information that you share with third parties, including information you share with social media sites.
For more information about cookies and other tracking technologies, click here.
10. How may CCS use location data?
CCS is a global provider of building technologies. Our fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high-performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. As such, the following are some examples of when location data may be requested to provide some of the services that CCS has to offer:
- To improve building product capability, such as use your location data in one of our buildings to dynamically adjust ventilation, heating and cooling settings, to turn the lights on or off, or to unlock doors;
- If you are a visitor to or an employee at our headquarters, use your location data to help you locate the nearest printer or conference room, in order to provide an enhanced experience at our headquarters;
- To enable real estate agents using our Supra™ services to obtain or provide listing or showing information while using Supra’s Apps; or
- To determine which service technician is closest to a service call.
In addition, CCS may use location data for location and/or timekeeping purposes for employees or contractors.
In all of these cases, CCS will ask permission to collect your location data and so the collection of this data will be transparent to you – you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to provide your location data. If you choose not to provide your location data, CCS may be unable to provide the requested service or complete the requested transaction.
11. How long do we keep your Personal Information?
The Personal Information you provide to CCS is only kept for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account our need to comply with contractual obligations, resolve customer service issues, comply with legal requirements and provide new or improved services to users. This means that we may retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period after you stopped using the CCS Website or App. After this period, your Personal Information will be deleted from all systems of CCS without notice.
12. What additional information should specific users know?
Parents, Guardians, and Children: Our Apps and Websites are intended for visitors who are at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. CCS does not knowingly solicit information from, or market products or services to, children. If you do not meet the age requirements set out above, please do not enter your Personal Information on this or any other CCS Website or App.
Users from California: Annually California residents may request and obtain information that CCS shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which CCS shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to [email protected] with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line as well as in the body of your message.
Users from the EU: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your national or state data protection authority, which may also be known as a supervisory authority. You also have the right to: (i) request access to and correction or erasure of your Personal Information; (ii) seek restrictions on; or (iii) object to the processing of certain Personal Information, and seek data portability under certain circumstances. To contact CCS about a request to access, correct, erase, object or seek restrictions or portability, please use the contact methods indicated at the end of this notice.
Users from the US: CCS does not collect Social Security Numbers through its websites. CCS does, however, collect Social Security Numbers where required by law, such as for tax and payroll purposes for its employees. When CCS collects and/or uses Social Security Numbers, CCS will take proper care by protecting confidentiality, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, and implementing appropriate technical safeguards and retention plans.
How might CCS change this Privacy Notice?
As CCS expands and improves its Websites and its Apps, we may need to update this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice on a regular basis for any changes. Substantive changes will be identified at the top of the Privacy Notice.
13. Monitoring Centre Customers
This section of the Privacy Notice addresses how CCS may collect and process personal information from you, separate and apart from its websites and mobile applications.
CCS interacts with individuals in a variety of ways: employees of CCS customers, contact persons of CCS customers and end users of CCS products and services. To enable these interactions, CCS is collecting and processing personal information. CCS has implemented technical, organizational, administrative, and physical measures to safeguard any personal information CCS may process. As this Notice is intended to cover a variety of situations, some information in this Notice may not apply to you.This Notice may be modified from time to time without prior notice. Please review this Notice on a regular basis for any changes. The effective date of the current version appears at the end of this Notice.
What PERSONAL INFORMATION might CCS collect?
The personal information that CCS collects is subject to applicable legal and contractual requirements. Because this Notice covers a wide variety of situations, there may be data elements listed here that do not apply to your specific situation. Please contact CCS if you have any questions.
Type of PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Name and salutation (such as Mr. or Mrs.)
- Emergency contact information
- Work contact information, including telephone number, email address, mailing address, and work location
- Home address, personal email address and home telephone number, including personal mobile telephone number
- Information about an individual’s employer, including company name(s), company location(s), company address(es), and country of incorporation
- Job title, department and job function
- Visitor information, including the time of arrival and departure, date, name visitor, name company, location of visits, information regarding the vehicle for parking purposes, information required for a badge (which may include a photograph), visitor’s signature and information necessary to maintain visitor logs and screening.
- Payment and invoice-related information, including identification and bank account numbers
- Information collected through a voluntary survey or promotional campaign
- Record of any incident that occurs while on CCS premises
- Information that may be collected as part of the execution of the contract, such as time and attendance data, badge information, photographs, audio, video, or geolocation data used for a particular role or assignment
- Government-issued identification numbers (in whole or in part), such as a tax identification number, VAT number
- Information provided to facilitate a service or request assistance, such as product use or problem information
- Information required to process a claim or any information that a person chooses to include in a document that is part of a legal proceeding involving CCS
- Live video images when responding to alarm triggering events, and audio recordings
- In case of IP connections with the CCS alarm center: IP addresses are stored.
- In case of CCS’s Tracking & Tracing services: location is stored.
- In case of CCS’s video services: username / password, IP addresses and video images are stored.
- For the Alarm Processing System: the log book is stored (and in some cases access information).
- In case of monitoring of (ex) prisoners: criminal background info might be stored.
- Information regarding health and injuries, such as disability, sickness, accident related info, and other related information that may be part of video images, recorded conversations, and actions linked to responding to alarm triggering events
How might CCS use the personal information it collects?
- Conducting regular business operations, including designing and developing products, managing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, sending invoices and collecting payment, providing payment, and providing goods and services to customers, which may include sharing limited personal information with customers or other business partners
- Providing requested products and services, which may include use of geolocation for certain applications in a known and transparent manner
- Managing communications and notices
- Managing physical security, including access controls and security, facility access and safety, and disaster preparedness
- Responding to alarm triggering events
- Overseeing location tracking, duration, and other telematics of certain CCS assets and applications for management of services provided, security, safety, and efficiency
- Ensuring compliance with import, export, and other international trade controls, including screening for sanctioned or restricted countries or parties
- Performing audits and compliance reviews to ensure compliance with applicable policy, regulation, and law
- Conducting and managing internal and external investigations, including Legal, Global Ethics & Compliance, and International Trade Compliance reviews and any resulting disclosures to government agencies
- Evaluating and reporting conflicts of interest
- Addressing environmental, health, and safety issues, including injury and damage claims
- Prosecuting and defending claims in litigation, arbitration, administrative, or regulatory proceedings, including but not limited to pre-dispute activity, evidence collection, discovery, litigation holds and e-discovery efforts
- Responding to law enforcement and other government inquiries
- Administering of marketing, contract, joint ventures, and other business efforts, including without limitation invoice and payment processing, project management, and customer surveys and promotions
- Designing, selling, producing, and improving products
- Providing customer service and support
- As required or expressly authorized by applicable law or regulation
For training of CCS employees and quality purposes of CCS products and services
- The Alarm Processing System
- For alarm processing of incoming alarms (log book is stored and in some cases access information)
- National Response whereby a security agency is getting orders from CCS (eg by checking on the location in case of an alarm) and whereby the name, address and telephone number of the customer can be provided
- Video platforms
- To be able to assess the video images
- In case of an alarm, CCS employees and the local police can watch “live” video images
- ERP system
- For the contract administration and invoicing
- Tracking & Tracing application
- For locating
- Teleservice application
- For handling incoming messages at the teleservices
- For storage of the customer's file
- Responding to situations involving a risk of health or safety, including an emergency and accident
With whom might CCS share the information it collects?
CCS will not sell or otherwise share your personal information outside CCS, except to:
- UTC group companies, on a strict ‘need to know’ basis (e.g. for internal audit purposes), and based on the Binding Corporate Rules (BCR’s, available via https://www.utc.com/privacy);
- service providers CCS has retained to perform services on CCS behalf. CCS will only share your personal information with service providers with whom CCShas signed a processing agreement except as necessary to perform services on CCS behalf or to comply with legal requirements, including but not limited to in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of CCS business or assets, including through bankruptcy.
Where does CCS store your personal information?
CCS stores your Personal Information in the United Kingdom. Only for customer and visitor screening, the control is carried out via an automated database of one of CCS’s service providers currently located in the United States. CCS has signed a data transfer agreement with the service provider to guarantee the protection of the data.
How long does CCS retain Personal Information?
CCS retains personal information for the length of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected and for any additional period as required by applicable law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceedings, or audit requirements.
What choices do you have about how CCS uses your personal information?
CCS will use your personal information for executing its contractual obligations towards its customers and business partners. You will always have a choice about whether CCS uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you have provided CCS with your personal information and would now like to request that it is no longer used for marketing purposes, please contact [email protected].
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You also have the right to withdraw consent, to request access to and correction or erasure of your personal information, seek restrictions on or object to the processing of certain personal information, and seek data portability under certain circumstances. To contact CCS regarding the above, please email [email protected]
14. How can you contact CCS?
If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or to obtain information on the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, or if there are other things we can do to maximize the value of this Website or App to you, please email [email protected]. If you have questions about CCS’s privacy practices in general, please email [email protected].
In the event that you are located in a country that will be governed by the General Data Protection Regulation and would like to contact the local Data Protection Officer, please note that in your email and your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate person. If you wish to opt-out from sharing your Personal Information with us or have your Personal Information be removed, you should follow this link.
Last updated on 08 November, 2019