Through an employer-volunteer programme, we improve and strengthen the communities we call home. Chubb has recently launched the chartiAble programme, that supports our employees to give freely of their time, skills and energy.
charitAble promotes leadership development and environmental stewardship through employee volunteerism and contributions to worthy community organisations and schools.
How does it work?
- Employees form a team (minimum of three members) and select a non-profit organisation or school to work with on a volunteer project.
- Approved projects receive a £500 (or €500) grant from Chubb.
- Chubb provides two paid days off per year for employees to volunteer
- Communities benefit from the volunteer work and employees experience leadership development and team building.
What qualifies as a chartiAble project?
Chubb gives priority to Employer-Supported Volunteering requests that provide value in the following focus areas:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education – eligible organisations that focus on programmes that encourage participation in technical trades, engineering and the physical sciences, basic research in areas of interest to the company, and increasing the numbers of minorities and women in engineering and the sciences.
- Sustainable Urbanisation – eligible organisations that promote environmental responsibility (including but not limited to climate resiliency, energy efficiency, environmental sustainability, and water conservation).
- Safety and Security – eligible organisations that promote safe communities by reducing threats from fire and crime.
- Hunger and Food Waste – eligible organisations that work to alleviate hunger and reduction of food waste.
- Disaster Relief – eligible organisations focused on disaster relief in cases where the scope of the disaster overwhelms the ability of local authorities and relief agencies and where there is an immediate need for aid to support basic living requirements and/or rebuilding efforts.
- Diversity and Inclusion – eligible organisations that promote the pursuit of diversity and minority inclusion in business and public affairs.
- Vibrant Communities – eligible organisations that improve the well-being of the communities in which Chubb operates (including but not limited to cultural organisations, health and human service charities, sports, local fundraising efforts, and community-based volunteer programmes).
charitAble provides an opportunity for our employees to play a vital role in the communities in which we operate.